Monday, May 31, 2010

Lost gaming treasure!

I was searching through an old box yesterday that I haven't looked through in at least six or seven years and I found these:



Miniature AD&D rulebooks!

I bought them at a game store in San Angelo, Texas back in 2000 when they first came out. They quickly vanished from the market and are bigtime collectables now. They're unabridged and perfectly readable. Ideal for gaming on the go without a backpack full of heavy hardcovers.

Altogether, I have:

Dungeon Master's Guide
Player's Handbook
Oriental Adventures
Legends & Lore
Manual of the Planes

I completely forgot I had them and assumed that I sold them at some point. Nope!

Now I just need a mini Monster Manual...

7 comments:

  1. I tried to buy a set of those online about 6 or 7 years ago, for only about $7 each, but after telling me they had them in stock, the vender then said they didn't. Too bad, I would have liked to have had them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are pretty cool, i've always wanted some... :( envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaargh! Yes, they were so cool.
    I almost had the whole set, but eventually let them go for financial reasons at the time. Now, they're often too pricey to replace.

    They were very light & convenient to carry around. Of course, I always found other things to weigh down my backpack anyway...

    Ciao!
    GW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can old eyes actually read them though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't they do some miniature Mentzer D&D sets too.

    Now, I would love to have played a PCs as giants mini-campaign with these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete