Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dice Dice Baby

So I got some new dice:



This is the Q-Workshop "Classic Elven" set. They also come in an inverted alternate opaque color scheme (white with black lettering) and a transparent one, but this one just happens to go well with a black leather dice bag I have.

I've wanted to pick up a set from Q-Workshop for some time, since I love the idea of somewhat "fantasy looking" dice, but readability was always an issue. Frankly, some of their stuff is ridiculously busy by my standards, and there's no way I'm going to sacrifice basic readability for anything.

These, in addition to costing less than half what their more gaudy sets do (due in no small part to using so much less packaging, I suspect), manage to look cool with no loss of functionality.

If you're looking for a well-made set of dice that are both affordable and eye-catching without being over the top (stone, metal, more convoluted than somebody's "tribal Celtic" tattoo), I'd highly recommend this one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the numbers on those dice! They look great. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete