Sunday, April 8, 2012

Musings on the Pimp Slap of Doom...



"If he so much as slaps with his open hand the blow causes 1-4 hit
points of damage."

- AD&D Monster Manual


For whatever reason, the sheer unnecessary, positively florid detail of this passage has always held my attention ever since I first read it as a child.

I can't help but wonder, after all these years, if this has ever actually payed off. I mean, has Orcus, Prince of the Undead, ever actually slain a PC with his fabled ability to dish out a casual dagger bitchslap? In any campaign? Ever?

My God! Talk about bragging rights! I don't really expect a concrete answer to this question. At least not in my lifetime. But really, think about how fucking cool that would be!

3 comments:

  1. I now have mental images of Orcus keeping all his succubi in line... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oddly enough something like this happened - My Ranger was insulted by another Ranger and I declared to the DM 'I slap the bounder with my hand'. The DM seemed to be the only one who remembered I was wearing plate mail - the slap killed him.

    ReplyDelete